UPDATE 14/04/2016: Lua script update. The glitches with the speed and distance were eliminated. Please download it here
UPDATE 15/04/2016: Now you can have both 3DR and Frsky Telemetries together! In the SAME Telemetry Port! Check it HERE. The last OpenTX 2.1.8 version is already fully supported!
This is a telemetry relay board that sits between the Telemetry Port of your APM, Pixhawk or NAVIO+ module and the Smart Port of your FrSky X8R receiver sending your flight controller telemetry to your Taranis X9D/X9E radio. Through in-house development we are happy to present you a cheaper and open source friendlier alternative to the Teensy board commonly sold for this purpose.
If you will use it in the Pixhawk autopilot, all the available Telemetry Portst 1,2, 4/5 can be used for the purpose.
- Translation of Mavlink messages to FrSky Smart Port format;
- Clean and user-friendly telemetry LUA script that detects ArduCopter arming to provide relative heading regarding arming orientation, direct from the ArduCopter IMU.
- Cheaper alternative to Teensy;
- Lower Power Consumption (20mA);
- Input voltage: 5V (powered by the Telemetry Port);
- Heat-shrinked wrapping to afford debris protection without compromising weight.
The information available in the main telemetry screen are:
- Current flight mode;
- Drone heading/yaw (relative to arming heading);
- HDOP and number of satellites visible;
- Battery pack voltage;
- Instantaneous current consumption;
- Mavlink status messages;
- Barometric Altitude;
- GPS speed and coordinates.
Tested (and working) on:
- Taranis X9D;
- Taranis X9D Plus;
- Taranis X9E;
Includes: Latest Firmware installed, SMART Port plug and cable and UART plug and cable.
Quick Start Guide: Download it here