The DROTAG.x is an updated version of the earlier DROTAG which is a small board (55x27mm) that connects to an APM compatible Flight Controller (like Pixhawk) through the one of the any available TELEMETRY port and through a MicroUSB cable to the camera. That’s it. Nothing more is needed. With the appropriate mission planning you will have your taken pictures automatically geotagged by DROTAG.x in the Camera’s card at the time you land, with no need for any post-processing.
Use your Sony Alpha Series Camera for Aerial Photography and GeoTagging!
- Decouple the image gathering from image information – No more APM logs cross reference;
- No need for GPS enabled cameras.
- Use the Flight Controller position data to tag your pictures. Take advantage of APM’s advanced data fusion;
- Have a plain text log file with geographical data in the camera card itself. Include Yaw, Roll, and Pitch of the Drone;
- 1 Picture every 1.6 seconds;
- Guaranteed correct tagging even if the camera misses several pictures in a row!
- Tagging directly on the camera card itself.;
- Hot shoe for camera flash feedback included for cameras with external flash. With the hot shoe installed take pictures as fast as your camera allows for;
- Tag ARW pictures;
- Sample flight tagged by DROTAG.
One system, one simpler workflow: compatible with many cameras.
- Size: 71x28mm
- Weight: 39g
- Power supply: 5VDC via Telemetry Port Cable
- 1.6 Seconds Minimum Time Between Pictures (Mission Planner) for cameras without external flash
- 16GB Class 10 MicroSD Card
- 1 External Flash Hotshoe Board
- User Manual
The best place to get a good understanding of how DROTAG.x works is the User Manual, itself. Buy with confidence.